Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Strongly Worded Reply to A Fellow Blogger

I can explain baby, baby why won't you let me explain?

You see while you were on a week long vacation on the sunny beaches of Canada, I was on a week long vacation on the sunny streets of Canada City. And what a glorious week it was, I went to a Canada City Baseball-Fellows game and watched it from the lower deck instead of the 500 level tickets I paid for, I ate obscene amounts of Mike and/or Ike's, I saw a movie about The Bat Man, but most importantly I went to the Canada City Animal Containment Observatory.


The best thing about the CCACO is that the hungry hungry hippos are contained safely in a pool, that way they can't attack me. Here's a picture!

Just look at how hungry that hungry pygmy hippo looks. And if Ryan was that log (which coincidentally replicates his skinny build exactly)
would I jump in to save the day?

No, hippos are dangerous and highly territorial.
But for the sake of attempting to guilt him I will pretend to say yes instead.

Two other highlights of the visit to the CCACO were staring deeply into a Goliath bird-eating spiders tank to attempt to spot it. I caught a glimpse of yellow hair and thought that must be it, alas it was only a dead chick for the spider to devour.

We also got to see the cute Surinam toad. It was sitting on the edge of its pool and then dropped into the water where it slowly began to do backflips. It kept on backflippin' right to the bottom of the tank where it laid to rest on its back...and then it didn't move, we came back half an hour later but it was still on its back not moving on the floor of the water. So yeah, I saw a Surinam toad die in front of me. I didn't expect that when I decided to go to Canada City.

That's some pretty heavy stuff right? Isn't that a decent excuse for not writing while I was away?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO the floor of the water

Ryan said...

I suppose that is a pretty good excuse, but it opens up a whole new set of questions, particularly why wasn't I invited to the CCACO???

Brent said...

It was so much fun I wouldn't be averse to going again very soon.

Anonymous said...

he was planning it. not me.

Brent said...

Well that deflection of guilt has just resulted in you being planned right out of a return trip my friend.

Anonymous said...

:O but who will take pictures of you having a staring contest with the rhino? or the dead toad?!

Ryan said...

I have a camera! (or more accurately my mom has a camera that I can use)

consider it a date

Anonymous said...

>:0 <--- that is the face of heartbreak

Brent said...

<:-)< <---- that is the face of someone who just watched Adam Lind and Johnny Mac combine for 7 RBI's in a Jays win. (It is a smiling face with a Jays hat and his hands are clasped in prayer due to the precarious ninth inning.)

Anonymous said...

X-D <--- me laughing

unrelated: but i think your page just cleared up my hiccups!

Anonymous said...

*pounds fist* i demand more writing, i need my fix... oh wait, no. i demand the opposite. for i will be at the sunny beaches of Canada now, and do not want to miss any of the hilarity that ensues on the blog.