Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tales From Work: Bringing Productivity To New Lows

Today at work a safety inspector came in which would have been fine had she not walked in while I was playing spice girls loudly throughout the gym (due to the experiment which shall be mentioned later) while seeing if I could knock the punching bag over with a kick (I could by the way)

I'll be surprised if the owner doesn't receieve a phone call from her as during the inspection I failed to locate a fire extinguisher (turns out we have 2) and all the ice packs that we have were currently being used to chill my drink. (I was able to locate the first aid kit though after having to use it last week after an incident involving the punching bag that we won't speak of)

Now as for this weeks old person experiment...surprisingly most of the old folks are surprisingly tolerant of spice girls, S Club 7, and other music of that nature (now whether it's because they actually don't mind it, or whether their hearing has deteriorated to the point where they can no longer hear it is up for debate) The middle aged men (age 40-50) definitely had a problem with it though...specifically to the songs "shake your groove thing" and "It's raining men". Most of them were very polite in asking to change the music, with the exception of Dave who stopped working out and stared angrily at me...Dave scares me and from here on out no more experiments will be done with Dave.

Next time on Tales From Work: Will Ryan's drinking of non-alcoholic beer cause an uproar at work?

No comments: